Thursday, May 23, 2013

Star Trek Into Darkness

Hello once again! I bring you a new review! It seems I have been pumping out more reviews lately, what with seeing some new movies recently and more book reviews than before. (I think there was a bit of a dry spell in blogging) Anyway, I suppose I will jump into filling the page with the subject matter that I came here to blog about tonight.







After the crew of the Enterprise find an unstoppable force of terror from
within their own organization, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone
world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.
, , and  lead an all-star cast.

Rated PG-13
for intense sequences of sc-fi action and violence



First off, I knew that I wanted to see this. I knew that it had potential to be
amazing. The more previews I saw, I knew that I was going to like
it. I went and saw it and I LOVED it! It's sleek, has non-stop action, and has
everything any Star Trek fan could ever dream of asking for. As I had seen the
first one a few years ago when it was available on dvd, it was, at parts,
(Star Trek fans don't hate me for saying this) hard to follow and get in to.
There were parts that I liked about it, but being as I had never really been an original
Star Trek show/movie fan, I didn't really know where it would take me. But I
knew that I would probably like it. And, I didn't really know what to expect,
other than they were going to be going on missions and such in space. This one
I could follow quite easily, minus the fact that it has been a few years since watching
the first one, though I did feel like I may have been missing something, like a
forgotten character or something from the first movie's storyline that was supposed
to carry on into this one. So perhaps I need to make a mental note to revisit it.
Maybe fill in a few gaps that would bring me through the things I might have missed.
But, I suppose that concludes this post.

Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness has all the bells and whistles that any
Star Trek fan could hope for. It's an action-packed joyride that pulls you
in from start to finish and makes you feel as though you're part of the crew.
With its flawless score of music, and phenomenal acting from a stellar cast,
you're sure to become an overnight fan if you weren't otherwise.

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment